Electric Vehicle Grants
Why use a charging solution for your electric vehicle?
A personal charge-point for your home makes charging your EV safer, simpler and more convenient. No more extension leads, worrying about plug connections outside or wondering whether you are overloading your home’s electrical supply.
- OZEV grant approved: £350 contribution towards cost of install (home users) and £350 for workplaces. Conditions apply.
- Safe, simple charging points.
- Dedicated EV chargers are around one third faster* than a mains supply socket.
- Suitable for properties of all sizes.
- Range of products including tethered (cable length around 4m) and socket units.
- Type 1 (European and Japanese manufacturers), Type 2 (German manufacturers and the Renault Zoe) or Universal sockets.
- 3.6kW, 7.2kW or 22kW charging speeds
- Domestic installations (3.6/7.2kW) cost around £560 plus VAT (this includes the grant allowance) and from £2000 for commercial chargers
*This is an indication only; actual time will vary by vehicle type and battery charge state at the time of the charging session
Under the Workplace Charging Scheme, businesses can benefit from a contribution of £250 towards the cost of installing a EV charger. Employees and visitors with an EV will be able to charge up within a couple of hours and enjoy the cost, and environmental benefits of owning an EV. Currently businesses can also apply for Enhanced Capital Allowances for EV charge points.
Caplor Energy uses Zappi chargers manufactured by Myenergy who provide a range of commercial chargers, which vary in degree of access given to users, corporate branding and cost. Innovative leasing options are available on a pay-as-you-go basis.
What happens next?
We’d love to hear from you, please use the form below to get in touch: